Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ3 Pro RA Strip Help

I'm repeating myself a bit as I already posted again yesterday in another old thread. Am just trying to undo the circular RA end plate. As far as I can make out, I have taken out the 3 Allen key grub screws that hold it in place (looking through the hole, I can see the threads) but can't undo the circular end plate. I seem to recall from doing a similar operation with an heq5, it came undone fairly easily. But this doesn't want to budge! Have I missed something? I assume it undoes anticlockwise looking at it from the bottom end.

I need help! It's annoying me!

Thanks for any suggestions/advice

It's very hard to take a photo of, but by eye, I can see a thread inside so I'm pretty sure the grub screws have been removed ok.

Louiseend3.jpg.bb83434c862a283b12ce5436308909e7.jpg

2 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

I can see a thread inside so I'm pretty sure the grub screws have been removed ok.

Not necessarily.

If this part of your EQ3 Pro is the same as my EQ3-2 those grub screws are much shorter than the holes they occupy. Try fishing for them with a rounded-end Allen key of the right size if you have one. No need to remove them just loosen a couple of turns - they are very easy to mislay.

If you had removed them you would remember having put them somewhere for safe keeping wouldn't you? 😀