Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flying over the terminator with the Skymax 102

Chris

Just wanted to share a lovely Lunar imaging session I had with the Skymax 102 before I sent it back to FLO (I had it on loan to review, it wasn't faulty or anything like that). 

The evening got off to a bad start initially because I always use my ASI120mc, but this wasn't playing ball with my new AMD Ryzen laptop so I thought I would try hooking up the Canon 77D and 2.5x Revelation Barlow. I was really pleased with the results. 

What a great little lunar observing and imaging scope this little Mak is. 

FLO have now very kindly sent me a Celestron Astro FI 90mm refractor to review, I'm looking forward to putting that one through it's paces. 

Anyway, here's a short Lunar video I put together for the Skymax 102. The OTA was cooled and the seeing was good. I was impressed :) 

pac

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

FLO gave you one to try out!

Generous of them... Nice image..

Yes they are loaning me a beginner telescope to review every 2 months for my YouTube channel. I of course credit them and provide links to their products which is the least I can do. They are indeed very generous and I really hope I can do them justice in return. This scope is now back with FLO as I've finished all the reviews with it. I now have a Celestron Astro FI 90 on my landing pending an unboxing, setup, and first impressions review. Happy days! :) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

Now, if only they could loan us one of these .....http://www.daystarfilters.com/QuarkGemini.shtml

:D Seriously though, what an interesting product! I know FLO are open to suggestion regarding what products to stock. The only down side I see is that it does cost around the same price of both Quarks put together! It is more convenient though if you want both :)

• Thanks 1