Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD/EQDIR USB Adaptor Question

Hi All

This might sound like a dumb question but I’m not great with tech and I have never used EQMOD before so I have no experience of this.

So...... I am planning on setting up EQMOD to control my telescope. I have a powered USB hub at the telescope and was going to purchase a short (2m ?) EQDIR USB adapter to link the mount to the USB hub. The USB hub then has a 5M cable connecting to my PC.

Would this work OK or do I need a dedicated EQDIR USB adapter cable running direct to the PC from the mount (5m+) ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Should be fine I think. I connect my EQMod to a Hub that goes into my laptop directly, not exactly the same but same principle i.e the EQMod cable is not going direct into the laptop. Hope that helps.

40 minutes ago, Z3roCool said:

Should be fine I think. I connect my EQMod to a Hub that goes into my laptop directly, not exactly the same but same principle i.e the EQMod cable is not going direct into the laptop. Hope that helps.

That's great, thank you 👍.

Archived