Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

6 hours ago, Rmiller said:

I am a beginner. Can sky portal software automatically  align my telescope? If so please tell me how?

Hello and welcome to SGL. Yes SkyPortal can automatically align your Celestron mount if it has StarSense and a SkyPortal wifi module

Hi, this has been discussed here before but I am struggling, I set my mount (AVX) to North and turn on the SkyPortal I then connect and align but the scope moves in the wrong direction, why? I have checked the settings for my location and everything seems to be alright. Even when I ask to go back to home,  the scope is invariably pointing to anything but home, I line up both sets of marks before I begin. I must be doing something wrong. I have looked for definitive instructions but they all seem to just say what SkyPortal can do. Maybe the setting up is easy but I must have something set wrong. Can anyone help please?