Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I’ve been looking around various sites for the best price for a Explore Scientific 92 degree 12mm eyepiece £392 is the average price but Amazon are selling for £277 that’s a big difference! It seems to be the same eyepiece but am i missing something?

Amazon is usually way overpriced on astro items but occasionaly a great deal does come up. When its shown as supplied by Amazon then it should be safe to buy. 

Found the following on a US site.that would explain the low price.

F35E28C5-E2B2-41E6-A210-2D89AF5F6D07.jpeg

The 17mm is also heavily discounted on Amazon and both seem to be in the UK.

Really good prices for these eyepieces which seem to get rave reviews from everybosy that tries one. Their only downside (apart from the price, normally) is their weight - they are very heavy eyepieces - nearly 3 lbs for the 17mm !

I'd probably jump on these at those prices if I didn't already have a box full of expansive and expensive glass :rolleyes2:

I have had a look on the Amazon UK site. It appears the eyepeice is supplied by Amazon, not a marketplace seller.

You can buy with the confidence that return and refund are easy if there is a problem.

Now that these heavily discounted EPs are publicised on SGL, you might want to make up your mind quickly.
The stock is limited.

I won't be buying though. Like John I have a lot of expensive glassware already.

Keep us updated, David.

Archived