Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sanity check needed with data from new camera

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate you knocking around with this data so much. 👍

It's hard for me to judge if this is within what can be expected from the camera, if it is me doing something wrong, etc..

I will share the results of the sensor analysis i did in sharpcap when I get home, that should provide more info on the sensor and why I chose gain 350.

Little update here..

I got a new laptop for work recently after the dock died or my old one.. So decided to try and test the camera on said laptop instead of my older imaging laptop..

image.thumb.png.aa0f2264686466d3713a584db371c9eb.png

Look at the "read noise" that I was getting on the left side.. Pretty much gone on the new laptop!!

Same settings, same cables - haven't even touched the camera between these shots.

So... Researching to see if there is something I can do to clean that noisy USB connection up, or if I need to look at another imaging laptop..

I even tested it on my "old" work laptop and it had the same issue as my imaging laptop, so I concluded it wasn't computer related..

• Like 1