NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13 mono & question

Ibbo!

WO132 ZWO 178

400ish 20 secs

so i have this web cam that is colour - so what do I save the ouput from the cam as to keep the colour data?

I saved these as a .fits and stacked in DSS or do I have to debayer in ??? then stack .

spacer.png

•  

You need to debayer the subs before tacking..... I had the same issue with my Canon CR2 raw files.. they had to be converted to TIFF before stacking.. stacking raw resulted in a grey scale image.

6 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

You need to debayer the subs before tacking..... I had the same issue with my Canon CR2 raw files.. they had to be converted to TIFF before stacking.. stacking raw resulted in a grey scale image.

Thanks, its that long long since I did anything like this.

Does DSS automatically do it if you tick something or is a converstion job in say maxim?

3 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Thanks, its that long long since I did anything like this.

Does DSS automatically do it if you tick something or is a converstion job in say maxim?

I hear you.. how quick we forget like I set up auto park for the scope the other day and set it to park at the end of each sub instead of at the end of the sequence.. sheesh.. atlest I caught the fault quickly not to have wasted a good clear imaging night....

but back to your issues.. I don't use DSS and convert my raw files to tiff with in PS before stacking in Nebulosity 3.3... I find that the CamraRAW plugin in PS does a very good job in removing the noise and nothing but the noise while converting, resulting in a much cleaner stack... as also the final image.

There is options dialog in DSS - it has two tabs - one sets options for CR2 files (from DSLR), and other from FITS.

Make sure you set Fits option to debayer using proper bayer matrix - I think that should be RGGB for ASI1748.

There are few options on how to debayer, do basic linear interpolation to start off, you can try other options later. Let me find that dialog for you "in pictures"

image.png.14f7260cb7572386af902709672f0617.png

It is accessed via:

image.png.b8de2f059714c720a363f74a08401766.png

1 minute ago, vlaiv said:

There is options dialog in DSS - it has two tabs - one sets options for CR2 files (from DSLR), and other from FITS.

Make sure you set Fits option to debayer using proper bayer matrix - I think that should be RGGB for ASI1748.

There are few options on how to debayer, do basic linear interpolation to start off, you can try other options later. Let me find that dialog for you "in pictures"

image.png.14f7260cb7572386af902709672f0617.png

It is accessed via:

image.png.b8de2f059714c720a363f74a08401766.png

Thanks

Got same advice from local group and it did not work .

No RGB levels .

I am about to go outside now and make sure the capture settings are/were correct.

52 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

can you not debayer after stacking? 

2 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

No, that won't work. Alignment routine will mess up bayer matrix (due to interpolation) and because sub pixel shifts, stack will end up being pure mono (although quite a bit poorer than pure mono composed out of same number of subs)

Just now, Anthonyexmouth said:

I'm not 100% sure, but stacking seems like it would destroy the bayer information and make it impossible to de-bayer.

4 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

No, that won't work. Alignment routine will mess up bayer matrix (due to interpolation) and because sub pixel shifts, stack will end up being pure mono (although quite a bit poorer than pure mono composed out of same number of subs)

my mistake, just working through astrodudes pixinsight tutorial and thought he debayered after but he didnt. 

6 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

5 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but stacking seems like it would destroy the bayer information and make it impossible to de-bayer.

Thats want I seem to remember from my OSC days - about 20 years ago

sovled I think - it helps if you capture as an rgb rather than a b.

feeling a bit of an idiot at the moment.

i don't think i can blame the old speckled hen i consumed last night either.

my excuse is I have not used firecapture for things like this before.

Archived