Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Somethng wrong

astro mick

H.

Came out to-night to run my dual rig and niether of my Atik cameras are giving an image.

They have both connected ok and can take an image,but when down loaded they both look just a bias frame.

Yes the lens caps are removed.They cant have both gone faulty at the same time surely.

I,m at a loss what to try next.

Any ideas folks.

Mick.

Our you using  "Dusk" or the older software ??

I am imaging with "Dusk" in the garden at the moment and when I was faffing I noticed a checkbox  that wanted  to know which type of image  I was taking.....   LIGHTS or DARKS ?

Just wondering if you have inadvertently pressed something like this and are getting featureless images.

Just  a suggestion. Hope you solve it.

Hi Craney.

Thanks for the reply,yes sorted after a long time.It turned out they did,nt like the new powered USB hub I bought.Whats the point of these hubs if they cause these sort of faults.Another wasted night.

Mick.

On 13/05/2019 at 01:38, astro mick said:

Hi Craney.

Thanks for the reply,yes sorted after a long time.It turned out they did,nt like the new powered USB hub I bought.Whats the point of these hubs if they cause these sort of faults.Another wasted night.

Mick.

Is this powered hub just a generic one? Personally I avoid hubs like the plague and put up with a lot of USB cables.

Olly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Is this powered hub just a generic one? Personally I avoid hubs like the plague and put up with a lot of USB cables.

Olly

It is Olly,i have since ditched it and just USB extension cables.Fingers crossed.

Mick.