Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Free new imaging software

Came across this if peps are interested in having a go.

AstroZero Imager was originally called Budget Astrophotography. You will see Budget Astrophotography at various places until it all gets filtered out.

AstroZero is a full featured free astrophotography imaging application. 

Features:

Integrated plate solving with Platesolve2 or All Sky Plate Solver

Mount control of any ASCOM capable mount

Connects with PHD2 for dithering.

The PHD2 guide graph is built in to AstroZero so no more having to switch between apps to monitor the guiding performance

Integration with Stellarium

And much more

At this time, AstroZero only fully supports Canon DSLR cameras. ZWO support is in place but may not function fully.

The application is close to entering BETA phase and will be available here to download.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

I'll give it a go.

Does it display the downloaded Raws with a histigram, can't tell from the info on the website ?

Michael 

Hi, I've no idea at the moment just came across it so I'll download this week and see what it can do. 

Sorry Nigella, I see now you're not the software developer. 

So far I've tried running it with nothing connected. 

Some parts of the display are lost on my 1280 x 800 display, and no pan bars to reframe.

The displayed latitude isn't what I entered. 

I didn't find a log file in C/astrozero  to send on.

Michael 

I tried imaging last night.

The Test setting was useful. I usually try a quick test of 60 secs at ISO 6400 to confirm framing, then extrapolate from the histogram the exposure at ISO 1600, then set camera to ISO 1600. Now I can swap between test and imaging sequence.

The laptop crashed to blue screen when I tried to connect to the mount with ASCOM, when already connected to PHD2. 

Maybe no surprise with a alpha or beta release,  so I'll leave it alone until a better release comes along.

Michael