Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ascom platform eqmod

Hi there. Have to say I am not tech when it comes to tech so if replying please assume I know the minimum.

I have a small newt on an NEQ5 pro synscan V5. The OTA is an Orion space probe 130st which came with a bundled set of free programmes, starry night and some ascom drivers. Since moving up to the NEQ5 mount I thought about controlling it via a lap top after buying and reading Steve Richards excellent book ‘Making every photon count’.

In the near future I was planning on moving up to a SW150 pds and experimenting with photography, with a view to learning the basics then going onto HEQ5 or above to really get good images.

My question is the programmes I have on my laptop are ASCOM drivers v6.2 and only appear to give me a small control pane with basic controls which looks nothing like the screen shot on page 154 fig15.1.

Have I got a basic version of Ascom’s platform that needs to be up dated or is EQmod something entirely different.

Marvin

Archived