SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tak FSQ-85EDX with Atik 460ex

Hi can anyone advise please

I will soon be the proud owner of a Takahashi FSQ-85EDX and was wondering if anyone had a similar set up as mine and could advise on spacing etc

My setup will be the Tak. with the Takahashi reducer a Atik EFW 2 filter wheel and the Atik 460ex camera. 

A very kind, helpful  (some would say insane )friend has lent me her FSQ-85EDX but I'm having problems using her focuser with my set up and SGPro.

I will be adding the Primaluce Sesto Senso working with my Eagle 3 when I get my scope but in the meantime I would like to use my friends scope to get in idea of what my images in my location will be like so I can compare it to the GT81 I have. So I'm trying to get the space from where the focuser tube enters the body of the scope past the reducer to the body of the Atik filter wheel, (also which spaces different mounting connectors they may use ) 

Im guessing the space from the chip through the filter wheel will not need to be changes, I assume the spacers etc fitted to the reducer are require to achieve focus and make sure focal point falls precisely on the chip as is required like when using  GT81 

Sorry if I haven't explained correctly please post any questions if you need more information 

Edited by Allan the plumber
didn't finish

11 minutes ago, Allan the plumber said:

Hi can anyone advise please

I will soon be the proud owner of a Takahashi FSQ-85EDX and was wondering if anyone had a similar set up as mine and could advise on spacing etc

My setup will be the Tak. with Takahashi reducer a Atik EFW 2 filter wheel and the Atik 460ex camera. 

A very kind helpful friend has lent me her Tak but I'm having problems using her focuser with my set up and SGPro. I will be adding the Primaluce 

To be honest, I would not think it would be that critical on such a small sensor. 

Hello Allan,

here http://astronomy.tools/calculators/field_of_view/ you can check the FOV of your setup and also simulate ..

One issue though, you did not mention which Takahashi reducer you have ?? is it a REDUCER or a FLATTENER ? I did use the 0.73 reducer to simulate the below FOV.

egards

Martin

image.thumb.png.b9fb621702ea73c2fed2afab5df2698c.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Allan the plumber said:

Hi Martin the new FSQ-8EDX has the flatner built in now and the redecer takahashi offer is 0.73

Its not so much FOV buy focus tube length out of body of scope 

Hi Allan,

Yes, I know, I have the Big one " FSQ106EDX" and I rather prefer to take images without any reducer rather than with..

But now that you did write you have the 0.73 Reducer, and I will give answer to that also; i also have the 0.73 TAK reducer for my FSQ106..

need to check some facts..

bye

Martin

Edited by Guest

YOur 0.73 TAK reducer needs ideally a working distance of 72,2mm

https://teleskop-austria.at/TKA36580_Takahashi-Reducer-QE-073x-fur-FSQ-85EDX-und-FSQ-106ED

https://teleskop-austria.at/information/pdf/TKA36580_FSQ-85ED.pdf

Now you need to know the Optical BF of your ATIK460 and then the thickness of your Atik EFW 2 and then add 1mm for the Filter and you have the answer to the spacing..

Need to check in internet the BF for the ATIK460 and the thickness of your ATIKEF2..

I have totally another CCD

Martin

Edited by Guest

Hi Allan,

Here we go,  The ATIK460 BF = 13mm, The EFW2 has 22mm hence the distance to achieve the focus with your setup is.

72,2mm-13mm-22mm+1mm=  38,2mm and TAK is offering the adapters you need, you only need to buy the correct ones suitable for your setup and in ttal they achive the optical path of 38,2MM and that will be as  a small challenge and cost also.

I did buy the adapters from TAK for my optical path and suitable for my setup TAK106 + SBIG STL1100 CCD and had to order them or find a place where they could be manufactured if not available in the market..

Regards

Martin

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, artem said:

Hi Allen,

Here we go,  The ATIK460 BF = 13mm, The EFW2 has 22mm hence the distance to achieve the focus with your setup is.

72,2mm-13mm-22mm+1mm=  38,2mm and TAK is offering the adapters you need, you only need to buy the correct ones suitable for your setup and in ttal they achive the optical path of 38,2MM and that will be as  a small challenge and cost also.

I did buy the adapters from TAK for my optical path and suitable for my setup TAK106 + SBIG STL1100 CCD and had to order them or find a place where they could be manufactured if not available in the market..

Regards

Martin

thanks Martin that's great will go over figures you sent 

Speak to Ian King about this, he will tell you off the top of his head.  However, when I ran this set up this was the train of parts, without and with the reducer:

FSQ-85 AT F5 (native without reducer)
1.    CAA
2.    Auxiliary Extender
3.    CA35 TSA102
4.    M54-T2 Adapter (Wide T Mount)
5.    EFW2

FSQ-85EDX with reducer at F3.6
1.    CAA
2.    Focal Reducer
3.    CA35 SKY90
4.    M54-T2 Adapter
5.    7-10mm T –Space
6.    EFW2

In both cases you also need the T to M52 adapter to allow the M54 threaded EFW2 to connect to T thread.

Thanks for that being doing my nut over this i'll call Ian King tomorrow and get the parts (M54 -T2 ad and the 7 to 10mm T-space ordered) have the other parts on the loan scope from my EMS friend but as getting scope soon will order the others soon

Just quick question Nose adapter on filter wheel what was the depth of the nose fitting , I seem to have a different one on 

cheers