AstroTrac + WO72 = M42

Lee

Canon EOS 350D

William Optics Megrez 72

AstroTrac TT320X on Manfrotto

Single 96 Sec exposure

ISO 1600

Small tweak on PS.

First outing with the WO72 (Thanks FLO) on the AstroTrac and the results look promicing. :hello2::p:D

Feeling allot more confident with the AstroTrac now. Just hope the clear Sky's stay.

Lee.

10422_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice image Lee. I have just bought an Astrotrac myself (hence the cloud and snow - sorry guys). Apart from setting it up indoors and then actually managing to see the Pole star through the Polar scope for about 10 seconds yesterday evening, haven't yet managed to use it (No clear skies for 27 nights now - a record I think?). :hello2:

So Lee (or any one else), got any tips re setting it up or getting the best out of it?

Tom

Tom,

It's all about the alignment... Make sure the tripod is level before you polar align. Other than that it's trial and error.

Thanks for all the comments I knew I could rely on the members of SGL to come come up with some reason for me to part with more money. :hello2:

Lee.

Archived