Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today's flea market find

Banjo-tam

Thanks, why the red colored logo as opposed to the green? Does this mean it's the "premier model" ?

Also, looking for an OTA., but I've read that during those Halley years, the LX6 was a questionable scope as far as quality control was concerned. Will this mount work with an LX200?

Over the years I've used many Meade SCT's, in various apertures 8', 10" and 12" from the early model 2080 through the LX5 to the LX200.

I would ask - what would you like to achieve? Before investing in an OTA it would be good to know that the electronics are still functional (probably now obsolete and not available), finding an LX5/LX6 handcontroller may be challenging.

If you look (and measure) the mounting holes in the Dec stubs you should be able to confirm whether or not the later OTA's would fit.

Don't know the significance of the red logo......

Ken

I have a F6.3 LX6 ota on a LX200GPS mount, so the reverse should be do-able ?

Perhaps I am lucky, but I've no complaints with my ota.

I'm afraid that even in the USA the hand controller is almost impossible to source, without that the base will only track in RA at sidereal rate ( or thereabouts).

It will run with a 12volt 2amp regulated mains brick.

Michael 

Thanks for the great responses. I've been involved in some way with astronomy as a hobby since I was 15, and over the years have owned a few ten inch reflectors and an early Celestron  SCT 8 inch. I've been a casual member of astronomy clubs but It's been a while. I still have a good set of eyepieces and a Meade ETX 90.  I came across this LX6 mount along with the original Celestron footlocker and a 60mm finder for $25., so you bet I grabbed it.  I've tested the mount and it works, but as stated, I do not have the hand controllers. With that said, I am now actively looking for an OTA., preferably an 8" f/10. But if someone has an f/6.3 from the period that isn't bad, I still might be interested.  But I do have a few questions:  First; can the forks in the drive be replaced to accommodate a ten inch scope, or would I need an entire new drive?  Next, the field tripod is incredibly thick and sturdy and the wedge is well made as well.  

Would this heavy duty field mount and wedge sturdy enough for a ten inch scope and will a ten inch and drive work on this wedge ? Thanks !

If it's the HD tripod - 3" diameter legs, it will handle up to the 12" LX200! I cut the legs down for even more stabilility.

The wedge needed a bit of attention to make it more solid and more robust - squared up mating faces, new bolts etc.

100_0874.jpg