Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2903 5 Hr/10 Hr again.

ollypenrice

Whee - the dual TEC is knocking them out! I'd like to consider this a WIP because more colour and some Ha would be nice but here's a basic LRGB with 5 hours of rig time, so 10 hours of data, L on one side, RGB on the other. The colour remains a bit of a struggle. I think we need to make the blue subs a little longer or take a few more of them.  This will need a bit of experimentation. It's a moderate crop at nearly full size so click on it for a closer view.

Olly

2062613662_NGC290310HRSLRGBcopy.thumb.jpg.273cc4586fff00f792aaaf70cc8a3b2f.jpg

Edit: Scroll down for a more feisty processing.

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Whee - the dual TEC is knocking them out! I'd like to consider this a WIP because more colour and some Ha would be nice but here's a basic LRGB with 5 hours of rig time, so 10 hours of data, L on one side, RGB on the other. The colour remains a bit of a struggle. I think we need to make the blue subs a little longer or take a few more of them.  This will need a bit of experimentation. It's a moderate crop at nearly full size so click on it for a closer view.

Olly

2062613662_NGC290310HRSLRGBcopy.thumb.jpg.273cc4586fff00f792aaaf70cc8a3b2f.jpg

What is your pixel scale on this Olly? I assume you are using the Atik 460ex?

Just now, Adam J said:

What is your pixel scale on this Olly? I assume you are using the Atik 460ex?

The luminance is from the 460, Adam, so 0.9"PP. The colour is from the Gnomus Moravian at 1.1"PP resized upwards in Registar.

Olly

4 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

The luminance is from the 460, Adam, so 0.9"PP. The colour is from the Gnomus Moravian at 1.1"PP resized upwards in Registar.

Olly

I ask because I am wondering how close to this I may get with my 130PDS which gives 1.2"PP with the ASI1600mm pro, clearly not something I could image in a single night though. 

Its got some great detail in it! 

Adam 

7 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I ask because I am wondering how close to this I may get with my 130PDS which gives 1.2"PP with the ASI1600mm pro, clearly not something I could image in a single night though. 

Its got some great detail in it! 

Adam 

I think that would get you very close. The main limiting factor is the seeing.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Steve and Barry seem to have settled on around 2:1:1:1 as a ratio for LRGB subs on the TEC/QSI690 combination that they have set up in Spain. I guess that at present you are getting closer to 3:1:1:1. That would fit with you thinking that you need to get more colour from the Moravian side of the rig.

Which camera will you be using to shoot the Ha? I can’t remember which Ha filter you have in the 460 but obviously know what is installed in the Moravian.

Either way it looks like we will have quite a lot of data to play with once we get home.?

Another lovely image Olly..  I'd guess the higher QE of the Atik also has an effect making it more like 4 to 1 Lum to RGB and also maybe as I am finding out with my KAF16200 sensor you need somewhat more/longer subs on Blue to do it justice..  

Mrs Gnomus do you happen to know what balance of RGB Barry and Steve use on their Tak106/QSI8300 rig?

Dave

14 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Mrs Gnomus do you happen to know what balance of RGB Barry and Steve use on their Tak106/QSI8300 rig?

The fastest way to check that out would be to look at the Astrobin pages for either of them as all of the E-EyE images end up there. A quick look today seems to show that when they are doing LRGB(Ha) images with the Tak that the ratio seems to vary between 2.5:1:1:1 and 2:1:1:1. 

5 minutes ago, MrsGnomus said:

The fastest way to check that out would be to look at the Astrobin pages for either of them as all of the E-EyE images end up there. A quick look today seems to show that when they are doing LRGB(Ha) images with the Tak that the ratio seems to vary between 2.5:1:1:1 and 2:1:1:1. 

Thanks,  just checked and yes RGB on the QSI683 1:1:1..  and min 4hrs/channel

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I think that would get you very close. The main limiting factor is the seeing.

Olly

Tell me about it, while I can claim to have resolved features at 1.5"PP on a semi regular basis and so it is nice to have a pixel scale slightly under that, I don't expect to have seeing conditions that would enable resolutions approaching 1.0"PP on anything other than rare occasions.  In the UK under the jet stream at not much more than sea level I often wonder at the optimism of people trying to image at 0.5"PP. 

Adam

Lovely result Olly.  Very helpful timing to see your benchmark image as Steve and I have data on this target and hope to finish soon.

Your idea of collecting Ha is sound too: a screenshot of a raw uncalibrated single 1200s is attached to whet your appetite.  The Ha will really help lift the active HII regions.  Overall Olly a really impressive image from the new dual setup.

1995778979_Screenshot2019-04-05at17_49_52.png.fff79fdd2b779f9c164db6c4cfb84da3.png

Thanks to all. Feeling the core was still a tad bland I gave it some LHE in Pixinsight. What do you think? If it's too much it is easy to dial down.

732058473_NGC290310HRSLRGBV2.thumb.jpg.b83ad580dac68a92331a3ba1e479ae4a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Lovely result Olly.  Very helpful timing to see your benchmark image as Steve and I have data on this target and hope to finish soon.

Your idea of collecting Ha is sound too: a screenshot of a raw uncalibrated single 1200s is attached to whet your appetite.  The Ha will really help lift the active HII regions.  Overall Olly a really impressive image from the new dual setup.

Barry, thanks for the info on Ha. As you say, it would be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, MrsGnomus said:

Steve and Barry seem to have settled on around 2:1:1:1 as a ratio for LRGB subs on the TEC/QSI690 combination that they have set up in Spain. I guess that at present you are getting closer to 3:1:1:1. That would fit with you thinking that you need to get more colour from the Moravian side of the rig.

Which camera will you be using to shoot the Ha? I can’t remember which Ha filter you have in the 460 but obviously know what is installed in the Moravian.

Either way it looks like we will have quite a lot of data to play with once we get home.?

Thanks. Yes, lum is over-represented and has to be added judiciously in small iterations. We must also remember that upward resizing thins the colour layer slightly so more colour would make processing easier. The 460 side of the rig just has the Baader 7nm filter. I do aim to add a good OIII to my side, however.

Olly

Archived