Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Linux/Indigo Sky/Indi test FYI

stash_old

For a bit of fun I set up a RPI3b+ with IndiGo Sky (std SD image which you download and write to SD card with appropriate s/w).

Just to make it interesting and because I dont have any Apple PC's I :-

1. Loaded Kstars/Ekos on Ubuntu 18 desktop

2. Loaded CDC on Windows Vista

3. Ran Indigi Server on RPI3b+ acting as an AP (this is by default)

4. Connected Canon 100d to RPI3b+

5. Added GPS to RPI3b+

6. Ran Telescope emulation on Indigo on RPI3b+

Note Canon and GPS were recognised automatically no address set ups - didn't even have to input Canon sensor details etc - all done by Indigo

Ok Connected CDC on Vista to RPI3b+ Indigo Server - just point CDC to IP address and port - Mount shows up on Chart after "connect" button hit. did a slew or 2 no problem.

Then connected Indi Kstars/Ekos on Ubuntu 18 usinf a new profile which pointed to same IP address and port as CDC on Vista 

- note I had to plug in the wired ethernet and put in a Route as the Desktop is on another network.  Ekos/Kstars connected showing mount connected.

Plugged in Canon DSLR - as I had forgot - to switch the power on LOL - instantly Kstars/Ekos recognised the Canon and I was able to take an image.

Asked Kstars to slew to M31 - off it went - BUT so did CDC on Vista - Smooth but remember that I was using the simulator.

For some reason Indi wouldn't set up Telescope Aperture/Focal Length - I was using a camera lens - message failed to save configuration.

Indigo is controlled (not only option) by using Http:\\192.168.235.1:7624 which I loaded both on Vista and Ubuntu desktop at the same time - I was able to control the camera in any of 3 ways - on either of he HTTP links or via Ekos. Note the way I had it set up the image was shown in Ekos viewer (fits) and was also to upload images by click the link on the web page but the latter just uploads the image to ,in my case,downloads folder.

Note Indigo built in Image panel and Indigo mount didn't work while I was connected to Indi - these did work before without Indi - probably due to slight different Indi Protocols ? Dont know for sure

Also I was able to load FITS on Indi and RAW on Web interface at the same time - odd expected both o be same format

So fun was had not sure what to make of what you can do and some things (platesolving) wouldn't work as I couldn't save the Mount details. But Ineresting especially as APT will be using Indigo for CCD (No DSLR initially).

See attached Indigo control screen via web page.

indigo-2.png

indigo-1.png

indigo-3.png

I am waiting for two things to happen before I make the switch back from enjoying learning  Kstars on my laptop and being remotely connected via WiFi to my RPi3B+ on my mount using Indi drivers.

I really like APT and want to switch back to it and use IndiGo on my laptop and RPi via WiFi but this is dependent for me on two things:

1. APT to support IndiGo - promised soon.

2. Indigo to have a Sesta Senso focuser driver.  It is on their todo list.  This will probably be a critical piece.  No focus no capture, so no use.

To add to the fun just plugged the same SD card into a pi zero (w) and it runs just like on the RPI3b+

To images attached are using a tab per control panel - built in Image(fits image) and Mount with simple but not that clear on my old Vista Opera browser

A cheap way (£12) to get a wireless connection for Canon DSLR for daytime pictures ? just add phone

Amazing what you can do while waiting for the so called clear sky ?

indig-5.png

indigo-4-zero-fits.png

Archived