NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

clavius 5x antares barlow

neil phillips

Neil, an extaordinarily cracking shot of the lunar surface.

I am stunned at times by the quality of the imagery of our moon. It is such a pleasure to see so many different areas in such clear detail. I am always looking forward to the next postings.

Ron. :thumbright: :salute:

Thanks for the positive reactions everyone, the footage doesnt look all that on screen, i had a real nightmare doing even small multi point stacks on the peices ( a mosaic of one crater lol ) the movement is real bad with constant corrections from me at capture,

when i get my new setup, im hoping to use a polar scope and sort out most of this drift, its something i have never done precisly, polar align, does anyone know if the EQ6 pro has PEC ? and would this once polar aligned, sort out the drift problem. If anyone lives in the Kent area help on this would be much appreciated. I do think its time i went into another gear, im hoping the changes im going to make will do that for me. ( new scope mount camera and barlow ) But as usual only hard work and learning will achieve that. but im determined and excited for the coming months. BTW this scope that took these images is now for sale

Neil

Archived