M51 - Not bad for 45mins

blinky

Think this is not too bad for 45 mins of Lum - 15X3min subs taken in Galloway at the weekend with my new ZS73 and ZWO1600.  Shame I never managed to grab any RGB!  Easy on the processing, bit of deconvolution and noise reduction was all I really did, and a wee touch of local histogram equalization at the end.  I always struggle with the background levels, any comments about this and anything else greatly received.

Craig

M51.jpg

M51-Closeup.jpg

That's a nice image, as you say plenty of detail for 45 mins, can I ask what calibration frames were used on the image?

I'm very interested in galaxy shots taken with CMOS cameras, as I am trying to decide for my specific camera purchase on whether to go this route or stick with tried and trusted CCD technology, albeit at near double the outlay. I must admit there are more and more very  fine  images being posted using the CMOS cameras.

Archived