Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone tried the Omegon Mount Mini Track LX2 yet?

PeterCPC

I have one.  Have only used it a couple of times so far and it performed very well.  I intend to use with short focal length lenses allowing me to stop down a little and use lower Isos. Later this year I hope to use it for milky way imaging at a dark sky location.  It is incredibly   light and compact which makes it great for remote locations  I will try to dig out a couple of images.

8 hours ago, MartinB said:

This was taken with the Oregon tracker, iirc 20 x 1 min subs.  Unfortunately the lp  was quite limiting.  Obviously the mine was superimposed and was taken untracked. 

Thanks Martin. That's helpful. I see some eggy stars towards the corners but that's probably down to the lens I suspect which is quite heavy for that mount.

Peter

17 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

Thanks Martin. That's helpful. I see some eggy stars towards the corners but that's probably down to the lens I suspect which is quite heavy for that mount.

Peter

Yes, the dodgy stars are lens rather than tracking related.  Weight isn't an issue with this lens.  I think I could use prime lenses up to 100mm ok but I see it primarily as an ultraportable device for wide field.

Here are 3 more Peter, a stack of 28 pics of Auriga taken with a sigma 50mm lens processed and tarted up, a single, unprocessed shot with a heavy (weighs more than my Canon F2.8 L 200mm) Tamrom 24-70 zoom at 24mm, and a combined tamron and sigma process.  I think they were one minute shots.  

Auriga 50mm.jpg

Auriga tamron and sigma 50mm combined.jpg

Tamron at 24mm tracking-6.jpg

Archived