Rosette Nebula

smr

Tbh I'm getting a bit frustrated with an unmodded camera, but I can't afford either a OSC or Mono Astro camera for the time being so I'm having to make do with what I have. I thought I'd gather a fair bit of data (for me anyway) at 7 hours, the most I've got so far on a single image. I thought I'd be able to get some more data but there isn't that much more compared to a two hour sub earlier in the winter, of this same target. 

I think having a sensor which only passes around 30 percent Ha is frustrating (in bortle 6 skies I guess too), and I'm coming to the conclusion that imaging deep sky Ha targets with an unmodified DSLR is about as much use as a one legged man in an butt kicking competition. 

Nevertheless! Here's the best I could do. 

7 hours of ISO 200 120, 180 and 240 second subs, guided. 
LP Filter on some of them, since I bought one, but it's a basic OVL one so I might benefit by buying one of the more expensive ones.
Flats and Bias, no darks.

NGC2244-7hr-jpeg.jpg

Ok well, let me start by saying I’m no AP guru by any means but, this image of the rosette is beautiful. I love the color tone and saturation, does not look over saturated, it’s beautiful really, love the contrast against the dark sky. You kick butt even with one leg.

Archived