Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monoceros and Orion

Such a nice region for 50mm lens:)
The Rosette nebula, Cone nebula, Barnards loop, M78, dust lanes, Betelgeuse and a lot more :)
Last night it was crazy windy here (60km/h) and around 60% humidity..the clearest night since I started doing AP :)
I used 20 3min images :)
Star Adventurer
Canon 1300Da + Canon EF 50mm f1.8 set to f4
20x3min ISO1600
Stacked in Photoshop, edited in PixInsight :)
Also, I will include a single raw too becouse people love seeing them :)

20190222203725_IMG_3007.JPG

received_2146498958994727.jpeg

Nice shot!

I'm  hoping to try the same setup on the same target next week from Toulouse. 

Flying there for work but i'll pack a Star Adventurer, my Canon 600d and the nifty fifty. 

Although I'm not fully satisfied by its behaviour at f/4. Lot of coma in the corners. Maybe I'll close it some more. 

Fabio

2 minutes ago, FaDG said:

Nice shot!

I'm  hoping to try the same setup on the same target next week from Toulouse. 

Flying there for work but i'll pack a Star Adventurer, my Canon 600d and the nifty fifty. 

Although I'm not fully satisfied by its behaviour at f/4. Lot of coma in the corners. Maybe I'll close it some more. 

Fabio

+1 on coma.

I use it at f4 becouse at the end I am cropping the edges anyway.

9 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

+1 on coma.

I use it at f4 becouse at the end I am cropping the edges anyway.

Yes, right, but Orion fits just perfectly inside the frame, from Betelgeuse to the witch head. 

No cropping possible, have to stop to f5 or f5.6. ?

_20190223_235105.JPG

Great pic! 

But the orientation of the camera is different... Unless sky safari is mistaken, it should. 

I'll try it if weather conditions are ok. What settings did you use for that one? It's stunning... Did you use a LP filter too? 

3 hours ago, FaDG said:

Great pic! 

But the orientation of the camera is different... Unless sky safari is mistaken, it should. 

I'll try it if weather conditions are ok. What settings did you use for that one? It's stunning... Did you use a LP filter too? 

I used 16 4min images witg LP filter..becouse the lamp in my neibourhood was on.

I was about to buy one myself. The Astronomik UHC-E I have does not really look like the business. 

But I'm still not 100% sure between the Astronomik CLS-CCD and the IDAS D2, which (from the bandpass graphs) seems better optimised for LED Light Pollution, so more future-proof. I've been told that it's also easier to balance, but more €€€. 

Your views? 

Fabio

4 hours ago, FaDG said:

I was about to buy one myself. The Astronomik UHC-E I have does not really look like the business. 

But I'm still not 100% sure between the Astronomik CLS-CCD and the IDAS D2, which (from the bandpass graphs) seems better optimised for LED Light Pollution, so more future-proof. I've been told that it's also easier to balance, but more €€€. 

Your views? 

Fabio

You totally dont have to balance..thats something what you will do in proccessing..

On 01/03/2019 at 18:04, FaDG said:

Yes, that's what i meant. In processing. 

But what do you think of the filter, are you satisfied? 

Totally.

I like it, I can shoot even targets like 20 degree above horizont from bortle 4 with 300sec and iso1600 and still no gradients.

Archived