Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QH5Y first light.

beamish

Some images of the Luna's Eastern Limb Conds. were far from ideal last night constantly trying to dodge the clouds but managed a few AVI's using the QH5Y and a lumicon red filter(#25 I think).

Can't pass on details re frames but there you go :D Avi's were around 50 secs. First bit of imaging for ages :help: and a long time for the moon ! Forgot how to use Registax !! :shock: Not great but I do think with better conds. this will be a great Luna camera. Still need to do a side by side with the Logitech Pro 9000 too.

All these were taken at prime on the Cape F6.

10272_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10273_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10274_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10275_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

:lol: Even managed to get it together with EQMOD and the rumblepad- cheers to SteveL and Daz :thumbright:

Karlo

Those are great limb shots Karlo. The moon requires good conditions as you say, especially for the limb.

If you get the conditions, and you can stay up long enough when it is on the wane, I bet you will gather some Ace

images with the camera.

Ron. :D

Nice shots Karlo. :thumbright:

I'm equally impressed with the QHY5 as an imaging camera (was bought to be a guide camera), I tried mine on the sun yesterday with good results, bit of a fiddle to get it to focus with the PST but we got there in the end, looks like I'll have to try the Moon next. :D

Cheers for the comments chaps :oops: . I need to do a bit of cleaning, bit of a dust bunnie occurring on the lens at base of the crayford :laugh: .

I think if like you say Ron, when the conds. are better this will be a great lunar camera. I was hoping to rack up the mags with addition of a barlow, but thin high cloud followed by thick cloud brought proceedings to an abrupt halt :D

The frame rate at 640x480 was rapid to say the least. I do think I'm gonna lurve this little baby. C'mon Mark get cracking :D:help:

PS I think the little red filter is finally gonna pay it's way :lol:

Karlo

Archived