NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SCT large focus knobs - 3D printed

Fraunhoffer

Pleased with these 3D printed large focus knobs for my C8. They slide over the standard rubber knob (fairly relaxed fit so they can be easily taken on and off).
Bit of tape in the groove would make it more permanent.
The standard orange almost matches (but I didn't want to pay extra for a custom colour)
Cant wait to try them out at the weekend.
Based on a design I found in thingyverse and modified my me to reduce the plastic volume, printed by i.materialise using coloured SLS.

WP_20190221_09_09_01_Pro2.jpg

WP_20190221_09_07_55_Pro2.jpg

Looks great.

I have the gear from the autofocuser still attached to my C11. I took the motor off a few months back, can't remember why. I do lots of re-configuring. I have since found myself using the large gear for tiny adjustments. Works a treat. I am sure your printed focus knob will work great too. ?

Dave.

Having tried these out a couple of times Im very pleased.

There is plenty of leverage to overcome the slight 'sticktion' when moving the focus knob and plenty of granularity in positioning the mirror. I found that I didn't need to hold the whole thing and by putting the thumb in the cut-out could just use finger and thumb to gently move the wheel.
I wasn't sure at first whether I wanted these permanently on - so they come off easily - but I think they will stay. I can use 2 to lock them together (back to back with double sided) for a firm fit or a bit of double sided stick on the original knob.

Archived