Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASCOM Alpaca?

Hello to those who may be interested for the newest ASCOM release of ASCOM Alpaca Cross-Platform and Internet.

For details, see or read this: https://ascom-standards.org/FAQs/Index.htm

I did already install the software and experimenting.. hence, Can*t really answer any question, the best would be to read the details under the link, https://ascom-standards.org/FAQs/Index.htm

To download, go here.. https://ascom-standards.org/Developer/Alpaca.htm

Regards

Martin

Ok I tried the Ascom Remote (Alpaca) - its a bit of a confusing set up to say they least but got there in the end - its does need sorting too confusing terminology -ok its new. I was using CDC (which did display some moans at first - "Object Instances") , APT and Synscan App running on windows - I was using my Grab and Go SWAZ goto.

Anyhow it ran fine between 2 Win 10 pc - one an Up Code and a Win 10 on a desktop using wireless link (5ghz).

Still the massive problem ,for me at least, there is no DSLR Ascom so its very limited and really easier to just set the Up core running everything and RDP.

But worth keeping one eye on - come on not everyone has a CCD give us Ascom DSLR or maybe interface wih Indi DSLR - that would be good.

39 minutes ago, stash_old said:

Ok I tried the Ascom Remote (Alpaca) - its a bit of a confusing set up to say they least but got there in the end - its does need sorting too confusing terminology -ok its new. I was using CDC (which did display some moans at first - "Object Instances") , APT and Synscan App running on windows - I was using my Grab and Go SWAZ goto.

Anyhow it ran fine between 2 Win 10 pc - one an Up Code and a Win 10 on a desktop using wireless link (5ghz).

Still the massive problem ,for me at least, there is no DSLR Ascom so its very limited and really easier to just set the Up core running everything and RDP.

But worth keeping one eye on - come on not everyone has a CCD give us Ascom DSLR or maybe interface wih Indi DSLR - that would be good.

There is work being done on an ascom driver for canon dslr's.
I downloaded it the other night but due to the power and ethernet in the obsy being down at present I am not able to test it.
There was a thread elsewhere but a quick google search should bring it up.

This looks like the type of setup I have been looking for as well.
After seriously considering the move to linux for the ability to use a client / server setup for remote control this may just mean I can stay with tools that I am used to and have an easier time setting up what I am trying to do.

21 minutes ago, dyfiastro said:

There is work being done on an ascom driver for canon dslr's.
I downloaded it the other night but due to the power and ethernet in the obsy being down at present I am not able to test it.
There was a thread elsewhere but a quick google search should bring it up.

ried it a while back - sorry just didn't work - I was using APT ?

2 minutes ago, stash_old said:

ried it a while back - sorry just didn't work - I was using APT ?

Now that is a shame, I was hoping that may be part of my bigger solution as well. I too am using apt but was eager to see how it worked with sharpcap for livestacking.

Archived