Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher NEQ6 setting circle and Synscan controller problem

MikeGH

Hello,

I have a 4 year old Skywatcher NEQ6 mount that I control with a Synscan hand controller.  Recently I have had trouble with the goto command not slewing to and finding the targets despite properly following polar alignment with polar scope followed by 2 or 3 star alignment.  I have eliminated cone error, so do not think this is the cause.  The RA and DEC motors run smoothly with not much noise.  In attempting to understand the cause I noticed that if via the hand controller I slew the telescope by 12 hours in RA; the setting circle indicates that the telescope has slewed by 12 hours 20 minutes, which I can imagine could be a possible cause.

Does anyone know if it is possible to perform some sort of re-calibration of the Synscan hand controller to adjust the slewing so that it corresponds with the actual physical movement around the RA axis.  I cannot see anywhere how to do this or why it may be out of calibration.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Regards,

Mike (SW France, equipped with Celestron C11)

Archived