SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

More lunar lunacy!

daz

Spent a happy morning processing my captures from last night...

1. Reprocess of the full disk through the ED72

2. Copernicus, through the Esprit 100

3. Tycho, through the Esprit 100

All captured with my AtikGP, pre-processed in PIPP for centering and quality, then in AS!2 for stacking, and then into CS5 for post processing.

Hope you like them, but happy for any critiques! Been a very long time since I've done any lunar imaging!!!

20190215_lunar_final_full.png.9acc219ea7efe75bf7fdc5133bfa45a8.png20190215_Copernicus_full.thumb.png.3bc68b5e55252ab8d155982bcae14774.png20190215_Tycho_full.thumb.png.aba991f1a5daeab67e654b6b492b1876.png

Fabulous images Daz.

I am new to this but one thing I have learnt so far is like in your shots it makes for a better image if it's less bright, if that makes sense? All the higher land areas can easily become over exposed and look like a white out for me so images like yours look the business ?

Nice ones Daz. My only thought is were you imaging down under?!! The orientation is a bit antipodean! Very interesting to see results from the Esprit 100 - it is a corking scope isn’t it!?!

Gav.

P.S. Lovely to bump into you at AstroFest - did you give in to temptation at all?!

Very nice.
How do you get such high resolution? Whatever I seem to do I end up with bits over exposed or in spite of focussing on a nearby star (using live view and zoom to get it right) I don't get high res like that.
Does the stacking help ? Most of mine are just single shots.

@LeeRich - many thanks for your kind words!

@PhotoGav - yes, I was down under... Haaaaa!! Hey, it's my moon and I'll have it anyway I like :D :D  And yes, the Esprit is great! I love it!! And no, the only thing I spent money on was tea and Nando's!! 

@Fraunhoffer - yes, the stacking will certainly help. And careful, careful use of sharpening tools. It's very easy to overdo it, so for these, I did a couple of gentle iterations, rather than try and do it in one go. 

Thanks for all the likes and views!

Archived