Astromodified DSLR

smr

Hi

I am just wondering, would I notice any difference between getting my Canon 80D modded compared to a modded Canon 600D?

My first DSLR was a 700D so I know that DSLR very well, and the 600D is basically the same camera. 

But here's the thing - the Canon 80D I can use at ISO 200. The 600D I'm sure I'd have to use at either ISO 800 or 1600.

So, in terms of image quality - would I notice a difference, considering stacking eliminates the noise anyway?

I am wondering whether it might be worth buying a 600D second hand for around £200 because I really would like to pick up more Ha, until I buy a CCD which won't be for a few months as I want to get my head around autoguiding, EQMOD etc.

A comparison is here : https://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-600D-vs-Canon-EOS-80D

Peters advice above is exactlly what i think too.

Sensor size identical, only a bit difference n the pixel size etc..  modded 600 d does the Job fine . Kind of waste if ur going the ccd path sooner or later.

Higher ISO lower ISO, not a big issue  IMHO.

CS

Rush

Archived