Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bodes Galaxys

Miguel1983

Hi,

last week i managed to get some data of M81 and M82, at the bottom right you also find Garland's Galaxy.

Gear : SW ED80 + 0.85 Reducer/corrector , Canon EOS 750D ,Astronomik CLS CCD,  SW Evoguide 50ED , ZWO ASI 120MC

32 x 240sec Lights

10 Dark

100 Flat

100 Bias

As i was processing this image in PS i realised that i will need a lot more data, to capture more color, anyway, this is what i got so far.

18860503_M81M82Final1.thumb.jpg.ebfa8001bc589a0c8d3164374ea83131.jpg

I've just done this one too and also found that the colour was a bit of a challenge.  It didn't respond well to boosting the saturation which introduced a lot of colour noise.  I eventually ended up doing a multiple iterations of Rob Gendler's LLRGB technique to drag some more colour out but it was a bit of challenge and - like you - I realised I needed more colour data ideally.

Pixel peeking reveals some dark halos around the brighter stars - did you do some deconvolution of the data?

Nice, natural looking image though, congrats. 

Archived