Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion area 3x1 mosaic - Ha RGB

This an ongoing project on multiple years. Last season I shot a wider Ha - OIII composition with a shorter Canon lens. This season, yesterday night, I managed to shoot through the Esprit 80 the last G panel I needed for an RGB (no L yet) rendition.

I want to create an HaRGB image of everything, I don't think I will bother with the OIII too.

During this weekend I will process all the panels, but for this evening I prepared a quick version of the Horsey, Flame and the small butterfly between.

Which are your views on improving the image? I believe I have some shorter subs that I can use to separate Alnitak from its companion, but I don't want to fall into a pitfall of compressing the dynamic range very much. After all, the bright stars are really bright.

Here's the image:

Cal_HaRGB_p08_050.thumb.jpg.f4dcf8a236278adf82ed4fd327df8363.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Alex

Edit:

Final composition:

Orion nebulae widefield in HaRGB - 3 panels mosaic,                                  alexbb

Brilliant...I am hopefully getting my first mono (ASI183MM) and going to use with small lenses up to 400mm...a multi panel mosaic is what I am really aiming for. Love this. Very clean, great colour and detail.

Thank you all very much!

1 hour ago, Z3roCool said:

Brilliant...I am hopefully getting my first mono (ASI183MM) and going to use with small lenses up to 400mm...a multi panel mosaic is what I am really aiming for. Love this. Very clean, great colour and detail.

The sensor on the 183mm certainly looks appealing as it has AR coatings. That's something my camera lacks and you can see easily.

If you're after mosaics, maybe a larger sensor would suit your needs better. Instead of 3 panels with the smaller sensor, you could cover with just 2 with an ASI1600, QHY163 or Atik Horizon.

2 minutes ago, alexbb said:

Thank you all very much!

The sensor on the 183mm certainly looks appealing as it has AR coatings. That's something my camera lacks and you can see easily.

If you're after mosaics, maybe a larger sensor would suit your needs better. Instead of 3 panels with the smaller sensor, you could cover with just 2 with an ASI1600, QHY163 or Atik Horizon.

Yeah, I have gone backwards and forwards with this :) The 1600 was my first choice but it is £350 more than the 183 and with that I could get some better filters. At some point I just need to pull the trigger instead of keep reading :D

4 minutes ago, Z3roCool said:

Yeah, I have gone backwards and forwards with this :) The 1600 was my first choice but it is £350 more than the 183 and with that I could get some better filters. At some point I just need to pull the trigger instead of keep reading :D

Sometimes less is more, but some other times more is less. Spend wisely and enjoy! Not very helpful, I know.

Archived