Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to add light pollution filter to Esprit optical train

AbsolutelyN

Hi

I have a 2" Optolong LPro light pollution filter which I was using with my DSLR and am unsure how to go about adding it to the optical train of the Esprit 100 + zwo camera.
Current config has flattener, zwo spacers, filter wheel + zwo 1600mm. I don't think there is a 2" thread. 

A few queries:
Does a mono camera actually need a light pollution filter? I just have it already so interested to know if it is any use or not.
If I managed to get it into the optical train will it push the focus point further back so you need more spacing? I noticed with DSLR lenses it significantly shifted the focus point.

Many thanks

53 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Does a mono camera actually need a light pollution filter?

An LP filter will work for LRGB imaging with a mono camera but you do need to be sure that you don't get all sorts of unwanted reflections between the various filter surfaces.

55 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

If I managed to get it into the optical train will it push the focus point further back so you need more spacing?

You will need more spacing between the flattener and the sensor.

Archived