Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OVL Field Flattener thread size

I was the very grateful recipient of a Skywatcher ED72 at Christmas, and bought an OVL flattener to go with it. I want to use it for imaging with a full frame dslr, so would like to use my m48 t-ring to minimise vignetting.

The flattener comes with a thread adapter on the camera side which is m42, and my rough and ready measurement of the thread on the body of the adapter suggested it was m54, so I bought an m54 to m48 adapter. It didn't fit - the adapter is a tiny bit too small on the female side. I guess it might be m55 on the flattener, but I don't want to just keep guessing and buying the wrong thing. 

Does anyone know exactly the thread measurement on the body of the OVL flattener, and if there is anywhere that I can buy a thread adapter to take it to m48? 

Thanks, 

Graeme

• 3 years later...

This thread pardon the pun maybe of assistance. I've taken the nose piece off my ovl FF and screwed a rotator from FLO to it, it's hard to get the nose piece off but doable. 

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/337227-sky-watcher-camera-rotator-for-72ed-now-available/

Edited by AstroNebulee