Opinion on TS Photoline 60 ED

Hello,

Has anyone used the TS Photoline 60 ED (WO Z61) or the AT 60 APO refractor with a good 2 "diagonal star, and a good 2" eyepiece to observe deep sky, wide field? How much field could be the maximum that is still interesting to get to observe? there is a good narrower filter for nebula observation?

In your opinion this small, but interesting for its optical quality, refractor, could be a good wide field alternative to good binoculars with wide field?

By the way, do you know if it can be used with binoviewer?

Thanks in advance for your interesting answers ..
Paul

With a Pan41 you can squeeze about 7.7 degree of field into your view. This is roughly the same as a pair of average 8x42 binoculars.

Whether such a wide field would be interesting to you, it depends on what you normally like to observe.

Personally I use my Vixen Ascot 8x42 (8.5 degree fov) binoculars when I need such a wide fov for scanning the milky way. The widest fov I can obtain with my short focal refractor (Megrez 90FD) is about 4.3 degree using a Pan35, but I often use the scope with a BST 12mm and 5mm for DSOs  as they help with improving background darkness.

As for visual filters, get a set of CLS, UHC and O-III filters for nebulae.

I had the AT60 and the SV60EDS  (f5.5).   Although the new AT60 was really good, with an amazing focuser, the sharpstar focuser on the SV was even better and the optics were better on the faster scope. 

On a DSV-M or M1 mount and phototripod it is truly grab and go, with some high power lunar/solar or double star work.  27 pan was amazing in these scopes.

Archived