Eureka Moment

I made a decision to do some financial investment with FLO after noting recommendations and advice from

your goodselves. The major one was the mount a HEQ5 pro with the Rowen Belt Mod and learning EQMOD 

I got a EOS 450D modded by the astronomiser and invested in a polemaster 

Previously i used a Wifi Discovery mount 

Anyway for me it all came together this week

this is the difference about £1500 has got me and 4 months of effort

The ST120 and 450D are common only will try the ED72 next

Its been a frustrating journey what with our weather and gear that works in the house

but then decides to act up when taken outside

Anyway here is proof of my efforts

side by side.PNG

Nice one.... there is a learning curve, but your results will now go into Hyper-drive and will just get better and better.

M82 is an object that also keeps on giving more and more detail as your expertise increases.

Cheers Martin 

one thing that really annoyed me was that i set the HEQ5 latitude to as near 54 degrees on its scale as i could poor eyesight permitting

i could not locate polaris at all with the polemaster

but when i measured the angle of the mount electronically it was only 48 degrees

after adjusting the mount to match this i found polaris with little effort and polar aligned 

is this normal ?

Do they do this just to annoy you lol ?

i could only get 30 x 1 min subs before you know what came in Sub Dwarf

19 minutes ago, mikemabel said:

Cheers Martin 

one thing that really annoyed me was that i set the HEQ5 latitude to as near 54 degrees on its scale as i could poor eyesight permitting

i could not locate polaris at all with the polemaster

but when i measured the angle of the mount electronically it was only 48 degrees

after adjusting the mount to match this i found polaris with little effort and polar aligned 

is this normal ?

Do they do this just to annoy you lol ?

i could only get 30 x 1 min subs before you know what came in Sub Dwarf

I lost many hours and got incredibly frustrated with my AZ EQ6 GT because I couldn’t get it aligned right. 

When I used an inclinometer I found the scale on the mount to be a few degrees out and alignment has been much better since I sussed it out. 

Archived