Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is 2.4 between 2 & 40? (You may be surprised at the answer!)

Demonperformer

After last night's software problems, I'm clearly going through one of those patches ...

Trying to add my new cameras to Ron Wodaski's CCD calculator.

One screenprint shows the working settings for the 224, the other shows my attempted settings for the 183 ... but apparently 2.4 is not between 2 & 40! :BangHead:

I don't wanna play this game anymore ...

Image2.png

Image3.png

It might be the issue of decimal point.

Try using another punctuation mark instead of point.

Number you have entered might not be recognized as a number because of this and generic "Must enter number in range ..." error message appears.

Decimal point character is language dependent. For example, in English, coma is reserved for 1000 separation, while point is used as decimal separator. In my language it is the other way around - point is used to separate 1000s and coma is used as decimal "point". Software might have been compiled in another locale and thus expect "," as decimal separator?

1 minute ago, Demonperformer said:

I see what you are saying, but it accepted "3.75" for the 224

Did you enter it or was it pre loaded?

I've also seen cases where there is discrepancy between display format and parse format - so it displays 2.4 but expect 2,4 to be entered - it can be related to Windows local set in regional and language options on particular computer. I sometimes have problem because I've got different regional and language settings, because of the date (we use dd.mm.yyyy. format instead of yyyy-mm-dd or mm/dd/yyyy) and my OpenOffice expect coma as decimal separator instead of point because of this (I'm used to English locale and keyboard settings because of programming so that confuses me sometimes when working in spreadsheets of Open Office).

Well I tried using the , and that was rejected as well, so I started playing around with a few numbers. It rejects everything from 2.5 downwards, but it will accept a pixel size of 2.51, I guess it must be using some kind of rounding algorithm to check validity before using the input value to do the calculations.

I wonder if cameras with 2.4 micron pixels are newish and so it thinks the figure is not a valid size for camera pixels?

16 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Well I tried using the , and that was rejected as well, so I started playing around with a few numbers. It rejects everything from 2.5 downwards, but it will accept a pixel size of 2.51, I guess it must be using some kind of rounding algorithm to check validity before using the input value to do the calculations.

I wonder if cameras with 2.4 micron pixels are newish and so it thinks the figure is not a valid size for camera pixels?

Yeah, I think 2.4 is relatively new, certainly unusual. As I say, 12dstring works fine :)

Louise

Archived