Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Afternoon Moon

SIDO

My daughter was visiting and said "someone should get a picture of that Moon, Its Awesome!" so the first photo with the ST80 was too be taken within moments.

I quick swapped in a 1.25 diagonal and 8x24 zoom aligned and fitted the camera mount & camera tossed on the IR blocking filter pulled the cap and dodged outside before the cloud had a chance, set the Open Camera app to burst and snatched about ten quick frames then headed inside and took the rough edges off the best frame in Snapseed.

For a first shot I like it, dident use my normal filter arrangement and the exposure was on the hot side so it should do a fair bit better when I'm not in a hurry showing off for my daughter ?

Full Aperture 80mm at F5

ST80 x 400mm Achromat

LGL62V

Open Camera

Snapseed

Thanks for Looking...Freddie ?

IMG_20181216_161535_EXP0-01-01-01.jpeg

Thanks Graeme & AstroImp...

Dident know what to expect with the short focal length, I think the cloud and the blue sky helped to mask the CA a little. I have a 30mm projection eyepiece that should give double the field, maybe get some daylight moon shots with vulture or eagle inclusions this coming summer as those birds are so comon in my skies.

Really enjoying the little 80mm, Fun scope within its limitations.

Freddie ?

After making the previous post I couldent wait for summer (Cabin Fever) and gathered together the bits for the proposed configuration with 8x50 for tracking moving targets while shooting, should be a blast...

20181219_033519-01.jpeg

Archived