Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser Messier AR-102L - 2.5" Hex-focuser?

Hi there,

A friend of mine has bought the above refractor and it does not come to focus unless a 2.5" Hex-focuser is fitted between the telescope focuser and the diagonal, does anyone have experience of this and let me know if it is as easy as it sounds or do I need any tools.  I am trying to help him in absentia so any straight-forward advice would be most appreciated, I attach a stock picture of the 'offending' item, not knowing which part is which, the item to attach is a round extender tube and looks like the first piece after the diagonal and eyepiece adapters/reducers:

1734207064_Hexfocuser.jpg.2c696b4af381dc89033626e93554f515.jpg

Thanks in advance

The hexafoc focuser has a limited (normal to me) travel, and is equipped with 2 extension rings. You only have to play with them if you go from 1,25" to 2" diagonal, or ccd and I suspect it would reach focus with a binoviewer, if you take them off. Easy to screw, no problem,

3 hours ago, rwilkey said:

Hi there,

A friend of mine has bought the above refractor and it does not come to focus unless a 2.5" Hex-focuser is fitted between the telescope focuser and the diagonal, does anyone have experience of this and let me know if it is as easy as it sounds or do I need any tools.  I am trying to help him in absentia so any straight-forward advice would be most appreciated, I attach a stock picture of the 'offending' item, not knowing which part is which, the item to attach is a round extender tube and looks like the first piece after the diagonal and eyepiece adapters/reducers:

1734207064_Hexfocuser.jpg.2c696b4af381dc89033626e93554f515.jpg

Thanks in advance

The 2" eyepiece clamp has a hex grub screw, 2.5mm if my memory serves me correctly, that needs to be loosened first. After that the 2" eyepiece clamp can simply be unscrewed and the extension tube and clamp screwed back on in the correct order. 

Archived