NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Field Flattener for Skywatcher Evoguide 50ED

cuivenion

Having tested mine and found the image with a DSLR horrendous anywhere but the centre that does look promising, pricey though, I guess with the back focus left it would have to be a mirror less DSLR if not a imaging cam. Why do you need tube rings? 

Vat plus import duty does make that eye watering in price.

Edited by happy-kat

Probably a lot cheaper way of doing it! Out of curiousity I've read some info about using Baader MPCC coma corrector as a field corrector for short focal length refractor, not sure it would be possible with the ED50:

http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/page9/WO66SD/WO66SD.html

Edited by cuivenion

That flattener is only 1.25".... and the price!!! Almost the same as the Scope... 
Daylight Robbery...

One day, I will try sticking In my  SW Coma corrector into it... Just for experiment.... :)

Edited by RolandKol

7 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

To be fair I think it has to be 1.25" to work with the focuser, but yes it is expensive.

Yep.. 50ED accepts only 1.25, however, prices usually go up by quality and by diameter also...
in this particular case, it is the smallest peace of glass for the price of the diamond ;) 

In this case, I will keep my money for Samyang 135 ;) larger FOV and aperture, faster and already tested 

Edited by RolandKol

Yep.. Samyang is twice expensive, but it is also better in all parameters you choose to check.
Plus, universal and easy to sell if needed...

But it is really strange... I cannot find any secondhand ones during last 5 or 6 months....

P.S.
I bought Evo as a guider and planned to try using it with my Canon... I thought it will serve me as "2 in 1" :)
But later, I saw some pic examples ... and my experiment was written off... unfortunately :(  

I don't find anything really benefiting from a ~240mm focal length, but too tight in a 200mm. Moneywise, in the same ball park, you can get a second hand Canon 70-200 F4 L. The results I saw at 200mm with the aperture wide opened were good enough. Not to mention the backfocus is much longer and the imaging circle has to cover a full frame sensor.

• 1 year later...