NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Shops in Berlin?

Hi All,

I am going to be in Berlin for a few days. I thought maybe buying some small gear there, like an eyepiece or two or a filter since it's much cheaper in Europe than buying locally. Are there any astronomy shops in Berlin?

I am currently in Berlin. Haven't come across any whilst walking the city centre but when I googled Berlin astronomy shops it came up with four although most were some way out from the centre. The public transport systems are ace however.

Hope helpful George

On 08/12/2018 at 08:18, pregulla said:

My google search only brought up Christopher Förster's shop. That seems rather pricey

Sorry my lack of German language problematic, turns out at least one of the sites listed was for an astronomy society rather than shop. Space Instruments on Kettinger Strasse 39a appears to be a shop but is this one and the same as Christopher Forster's shop ? 

On an astronomy theme, if you haven't been to the Berlin Planetarium it is worth a visit. Very large dome built in DDR times and projection equipment upgraded in the last couple of years. Haven't been to a show this visit but went to performance about 12 months ago. I remember they had a terrible website, had to go there two or three hours before the show to get tickets as booking on line was near impossible.

Best regards George

Maybe it will be worth the effort to take a train to the Netherlands and visit Robtics: www.robtics.nl
nice people, huge stock... ( I am not related to them in any way, just a satisfied long term customer)
Be aware of their opening times, though, but you may be able to make an appointment for visiting them.

Archived