Flat frames

smr

Hi all,

I'm currently gathering some dark frames but also need some flat frames too. However I don't want to leave my mount and telescope outside over night. I've never taken flat frames before. What is the best way of doing this? Could use a laptop screen with notepad open?

Z73. It's ok I've just used the laptop screen method. Took about 30 images with the data midway on the histogram, AV mode same ISO as the lights.

My first night with a refractor and an HEQ5 Pro and everything has gone really well. I've gone from a telephoto lens on a SA Mount taking only lights to star aligning on my HEQ5, and taking lights, flats, darks and bias frames! 

Ok thanks. I have loaded my calibration frames into DSS, which stacking mode should I use for darks, flats and bias, median or kappa? I usually use Kappa Sigma Clipping for my Light frames.

Archived