Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead Nebula

Star101

I found the camera had moved around the time Blue filter was used. Had to crop 10%. 

My Astrodon NB filters arrived today :D So, going forward, I wont have to refocus when moving from LRGB to NB as all filters should be parfocal.

Apart from camera shift and Alnitak overexposing, I don't think its too bad an image. ;)

25 x 120s L

10  x 120s RGB

3 x 300s Ha ( Baader f/2 fast filter ) 

TS 65EQ 420mm scope

ZWO ASI183mm Pro camera

Thanks for looking.

Horsehead Final.jpg

Nice one! Love this target but have never come around to imaging it myself.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but is there really such a thing as a parfocal imaging setup (using "normal" f-ratios)? I'm not an expert but would say no :) 

/Patrik

2 hours ago, poogle said:

Sorry to spoil the fun, but is there really such a thing as a parfocal imaging setup (using "normal" f-ratios)? I'm not an expert but would say no :) 

/Patrik

Next time I get some clear skies I will let you know ;)

All four of my LRGB filters stay in focus when I change filter. At the moment I am using Baader f/2 fast NB filters and have to change focus moving from broadband to narrow. But just acquired the Astrodon NB. Will fit later this week, making all my filters Astrodon. They claim to be all the same.

1 minute ago, Star101 said:

Next time I get some clear skies I will let you know ;)

All four of my LRGB filters stay in focus when I change filter. At the moment I am using Baader f/2 fast NB filters and have to change focus moving from broadband to narrow. But just acquired the Astrodon NB. Will fit later this week, making all my filters Astrodon. They claim to be all the same.

The Astrodons are obviously better than my Baader filters, so lets hope for the best :)

My Baader NB filters also claim to be parfocal, but are not on my f/5 scope...atleast not parfocal enough to produce pinpoint stars without a refocus. 

/Patrik

I have the Baader f/2 fast NB filters for my Hyperstar. I used them in my TS65EQ at 420mm f/6.5 and my C11 at 2800 f/10. I've not noticed any shift in focus between filters. However, moving to my Astrodon LRGB filters, there is a slight shift in focus. Not the best situation when wanting to use both filter types in SGPro. As I also image from my warm living room using Teamviewer, having to go outside to re-focus is not ideal. Hopefully, now they are all the same. I can create HaLRGB in one easy uninterrupted session :)

2 hours ago, poogle said:

/Patrik

My ZWO filters LRGB and Ha, Sii and Oiii all stay in focus with my ASI1600MM

Archived