NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 HaRGB

john2y

So I switched cosy balcony imaging for a trip to my cottage to get to the dark sky to do some RGB imaging which I can't do in the city. It was also first test of my new guider asi120mm mini. My plan was to shoot M33 whole night and do HaLRGB combination but due to some complications I was only able to get the RGB data (I had the Ha data for a couple of weeks now from the city). The biggest issue was that the power brick for my camera fell off the velcro and was pulling on the telescope, the mount couldn't handle it and I noticed it after more than hour of bad images. Overall it was a great night and when I got home at 5am I was really happy. The temperature got down all the way to -10°C during imaging which was quite cold but worth it. 

Data: 45x120s for RGB and 20x180s for Ha

Telescope: Explore Scientific AP 102/714 ED APO Triplet with 0,8x flattener

Camera: ZWO ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO filters

Mount: Celestron CG5 Advanced GT (my little oscillator)

Software: PHD2, SGP and processing done in PixInsight and Photoshop

m33_HaRGB_astrofotky.thumb.jpg.120978d9dbe95a65806f281913eb5a2e.jpg

And just for the lolz, while shooting R channel, there was quite a traffic :D 

rejection_high.thumb.jpg.4bf19fc3435aefbbb2e42e5cafbb5200.jpg

17 minutes ago, Z3roCool said:

Brilliant image - hopefully getting the 1600MM really soon. Cannot wait.

Thank you, you won't regret it, I was coming from modified dslr and the difference in sensitivity is incredible, only down side is that you have much more work ahead of yourself to produce one single image but it's very well worth it ? 

11 minutes ago, emadmoussa said:

I love it. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

Great Image,

Just looking at your star halos they suggest that you have three objects evenly spaced that are intercepting the light path?

Adam

That could be lens clips.

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

Great Image,

Just looking at your star halos they suggest that you have three objects evenly spaced that are intercepting the light path?

Adam

2 minutes ago, wimvb said:

That could be lens clips.

I was looking at those too and honestly I can't find what causes those. I thought that it could be some screw or something but after inspection of the whole telescope, filterwheel all the way to the sensor I can't find anything that would disrupt the light beam.

4 hours ago, wimvb said:

These diffraction effects have been discussed here before, also ES refractors, I think. They were then found to be related to lens clips. Here's an example.

Thank you for that link, it was interesting to read and it definitely fits to my situation where I can't see anything as the telescope is now warm. 

Archived