Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick question SWSA and ST102

Evening all, hopefully a quick question. I'm looking at mounting my newly acquired ST102 on to the SW SA. The 102 has a dovetail already and the SW SA has the "standard" L bracket and EQ plate. What I'm trying to do is marry them both together. I'm already aware that the 102, especially with a Nikon body attached, will be approaching the absolute quoted weight limit for the SA, but I'm wanting to push the envelope on the SA and see what she can do. I'm probably p***ing in the wind a bit but I do so enjoy tinkering :D :D

I've fitted the LuntLS60DS on mine and it's pushing it over the weight limit needing extra counter weight but works OK.

Bit of a lash up, had to tap a thread for the connection countersink one tube ring bolt.

Dave

SWSA-LS60.png.1daa02ca39340828da57c8b9ca002087.png

9 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I've fitted the LuntLS60DS on mine and it's pushing it over the weight limit needing extra counter weight but works OK.

Bit of a lash up, had to tap a thread for the connection countersink one tube ring bolt.

Dave

SWSA-LS60.png.1daa02ca39340828da57c8b9ca002087.png

Hmmm, that does give me an idea...maybe using the plate mount off of the ST80 perhaps

10 hours ago, Gfamily said:

Does the dovetail have a 1/4 thread that you can attach to the thread on the L bracket? 

I'm such a muppet!! 

Just had another look and magically the dovetail elves put in a 1/4 inch thread on the bar for me to mount it directly to the EQ plate....

/wanders off to get eyes checked

16 hours ago, Maxrayne said:

I'm such a muppet!! 

Just had another look and magically the dovetail elves put in a 1/4 inch thread on the bar for me to mount it directly to the EQ plate....

/wanders off to get eyes checked

Yup, as long as we really really believe, the dovetail elves will continue to pop round with a drill and a tap-set while you are asleep!

Archived