Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 crab nebula as iR - Ha - OIII

alexbb

I'm still recording data on this one and the processing consisted in just a stretch and a low amount of ACDNR.

This is an unusual rendering of this target. 30mins (partial data) of iR-pass (685nm pass) were mapped to Red, ~7h of Ha to Green and ~7h of OIII to Blue.

I will post all the Ha, OIII, iR, R, G, B, L channels in another thread once I have them and several combinations.

Clear skies!

Alex

M1-iRHO.jpg

1 minute ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice work. What scope and camera were used?

Thanks! I used an ASI1600MMC on a 200p dob tube on an EQ6-R mount.

The tube was improved a bit, I made a topic about this:

18 minutes ago, moise212 said:

Thanks! I used an ASI1600MMC on a 200p dob tube on an EQ6-R mount.

The tube was improved a bit, I made a topic about this:

Very nice indeed. I might have a go with my C8 and focal reducer with just H-alpha and O-III to begin with, just to see how far I get

6 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice indeed. I might have a go with my C8 and focal reducer with just H-alpha and O-III to begin with, just to see how far I get

For reference, this is a simple HOO render. Same, STF and a low amount of ACDNR. Around 7h for both Ha and OIII.

M1_HOO.jpg

Thank you!

On 09/11/2018 at 22:17, Rodd said:

Drop the black point a tad and the nebula will start to effuse into peoples living rooms!

Will edit properly all the data the following days.

I've 7.5h of Ha, almost 7h of OIII and almost 2h of each R, G, B, iR. Perhaps I will shoot one more night another round of OIII before I change the scope for other targets.

10 minutes ago, moise212 said:

Thank you!

Will edit properly all the data the following days.

I've 7.5h of Ha, almost 7h of OIII and almost 2h of each R, G, B, iR. Perhaps I will shoot one more night another round of OIII before I change the scope for other targets.

I think you have enough OIII as it is.  7 hours is allot.  Adding more won't increase the signal, or provide more saturation, it will reduce noise.  But your image is pretty clean..  I go through teh same thing--Sometimes I just want to collect more and more and more data, then I am a bit unsettled when it does not really improve the image.  In fact, if it requires a reprocess, it often comes up worse!

Rodd

28 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I think you have enough OIII as it is.  7 hours is allot.  Adding more won't increase the signal, or provide more saturation, it will reduce noise.  But your image is pretty clean..  I go through teh same thing--Sometimes I just want to collect more and more and more data, then I am a bit unsettled when it does not really improve the image.  In fact, if it requires a reprocess, it often comes up worse!

Rodd

I'm going for the faint extension at the bottom which is mostly visible in the OIII channel. I need it to be as noise free as it can so I can stretch the image more.

Archived