Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 - starter image

fwm891

Made a start on imaging M76 last night - initial mono set of subs (as the filter wheel refused to connect & rotate!).

Subs: 10x 120s, 5x 300s and 1x 600s.

115 EDT APO, SX 825 mono, iOptron iEQ45 Pro. Initial process in PI.

M76_Mono.jpg

Hit a problem here processing this. The original image above is just lumin data, no bias, flats or dark frame correction. The image below has had bias and dark masters applied with similar processing after correction yet the first one 'looks' better? I need to make more bias and darks for the RGB's as they were shot  2x2 binning and my current bias/darks are 1x1.

?

M76_Lum_proc.jpg

After reading further within the PI forum on noise I've tried applying ATWT twice to the data. A linear integration (stack) of the sub frames was made, a clone produced and the clone changed via histogram transformation into a non linear copy. This is then used as a mash for the linear image. The mask inverted to protect the highlights and atwt applied to the background. I did 2 atwt applications keeping each one as a partial correction. Not sure if 3 or 4 applications would further help? Image needs to be taken darker.

M76_ATWTx2.jpg

Archived