Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGPro - image download failures

fwm891

I'm running SGP 2.6.0.25 with a Nikon D5100 and I get a revolving downloading, downloading at the end of an exposure. I usually do a complete shutdown and restart but that doesn't always clear things. I've tried changing cables, reloading the software etc. Just wonder if anyone else has encountered this and found a 'solution'!

Cheers

Francis

Are you going through a hub? The only time I had problems with image downloads hanging (and it was an ongoing, very annoying problem) it turned out to be the hub.

If you're using one try removing it from the equation and connecting the camera straight to the laptop/PC.

13 hours ago, Starflyer said:

Are you going through a hub? The only time I had problems with image downloads hanging (and it was an ongoing, very annoying problem) it turned out to be the hub. 

If you're using one try removing it from the equation and connecting the camera straight to the laptop/PC.

I had a similar problem... I first tried connecting my powered USB hub into a different laptop port (my laptop has 3 ports, although 2 share the same bus) but when that didn't work I plugged the camera directly into the laptop... and the images then completed downloading. 

(Unfortunately that wasn't the final solution for me as my USB hub was connected to my laptop inside the house via a 3m long active USB cable - I eventually bought a new powered hub, and that resolved the problem... Hopefully you won't have that problem!)

My SX mono has a built in hub with 3 mini usb sockets and another to feed back to the PC/lappy. I use 2 of the built in connectors for a Zagyl FW and Lodestar guider. I've upgraded the main feed cable back to the computer with a USB cable from Lindy. Gold contacts and much more substantial cable. No problems last night.

I found similar issues with hubs and also connecting guider and main cameras through the same USB. I stopped getting SGP download hangs once I directly connected my main camera to its own UB port on the laptop and all other equipment, including guider, were linked to another port through a hub (unpowered).

As you've found, the only way I could resolve the hangs before I changed the ports was to close and restart SGP and even then it might only work for a frame or two.

On 31/10/2018 at 11:51, AndyUK said:

I had a similar problem... I first tried connecting my powered USB hub into a different laptop port (my laptop has 3 ports, although 2 share the same bus) but when that didn't work I plugged the camera directly into the laptop... and the images then completed downloading. 

(Unfortunately that wasn't the final solution for me as my USB hub was connected to my laptop inside the house via a 3m long active USB cable - I eventually bought a new powered hub, and that resolved the problem... Hopefully you won't have that problem!)

I've had something similar, too and resolved it with a D-Link powered USB 2.0 hub. (It had to be 2.0 as 3.0 played silly buggers with EQMOD).

Archived