NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Narrowband Prawn...

MarsG76

Hello Astronomers,

As I'm still slowly processing my remaining data captured earlier this year, this time I'm sharing with you my image of the Prawn Nebula exposed in narrowband and the channels combined in Hubble palette order, AKA SHO.

The total exposure for all three channels of this image was 1160 minutes. I'm sure that I'd get the same thing a lot quicker than 19 hours with a cooled camera but the way I see it is that it was not hard simply resume imaging night to night with a permanent setup.

After exposing the Prawn, Lagoon and Swan nebulae on the night of 5/6 July in OSC natural color, I decided to spend a few nights capturing SII, HAlpha and OIII data, spending 1/3rd of the imaging nights on each of the objects, this way I ended up with data of all three simultaneously.

Image was exposed through my Bosma 80mm refractor and the full spectrum modded Canon 40D on nights from 6th till 19th July 2019.

Thanks for looking, Clear skies

Mariusz

IMG_5554.JPG

38 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Lovely natural feel to this, liking your images buddy ?

I also like the way that these colors came out... as it seems, it turns out is that in Narrowband processing, less is more...

For comparison here's a link to the same nebula exposed in natural color the night before I commenced narrowband exposures... 

Archived