Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AC adapter for Celestron NexStar 8 SE

I plan to buy "Celestron AC power adapter for all Nexstar, CPC, Advanced Series, and CGE telescopes" this from Amazon. But not sure it will work really as a continuous power supply for my telescope. Here is the amazon link with the product details: https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-adapter-Nexstar-Advanced-telescopes/dp/B000C9O7N0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1540349219&sr=8-3&keywords=Celestron+AC+adapter&dpID=41hdJqNWxBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Can anyone please verify whether the product will act as a power source for the telescope if I plug it into a power outlet?

• 2 weeks later...

A good option for battery power is the MaxOak 50000mAh portable charger, £119 from Amazon ($135 in USA).

Ignore its claimed mAh as that is at 3.5v. It offers 5v, 12v and 20v. More important is its massive 185Wh rating. It will hence churn out 12v all night sufficient for regular astro equipment.  It is merely the size of a modest hardback book so small enough and  light enough to be velcroed to your mount. 

Archived