NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Horsehead

Maxrayne

Granted, it's far from the best, but for a first "proper" go at it, I'm chuffed. 

SW ST80 mounted on SW SA, taken with Nikon D5300. Combination of 30, 40, 45 and 60 second exposures (131 in all) as I was seeing how far I could push it last night. 90 minutes total data. No darks etc (as you can tell) Maxed out at a minute. For once though it felt like I had a good balance and PA

Horseheaad Nebula-1.jpg

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

you have some lovely colour coming through and its framed perfectly...... I do think your focus is a little soft

Thank you, I did an earlier one that I used as a reference for the framing and used Alnitak as the focus point. It was perhaps still a little low down hence why the focus is a touch off. Looking forward to having another go after the moon has done one ;) 

42 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Well done! That's a whole lot better than my first attempt two years ago. I barely got the Horsehead in the frame!

Adrian

Thank you. I kinda caught it by accident a few weeks ago (was on the extreme edge of a Flame Nebula image) and decided to have a go at it :) 

Archived