Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing with my first 10mm Plossl eyepiece

Waiffle

yesterday the night was very clear, i decided to bring out my telescope and my tablet for the app Star Walk 2, as usual i looked at saturn first, The image of saturn with the 10mm Plossl with the Barlow x 2 was a tiny bit smaller than the regular view i would get from my 4mm eyepiece, but i still saw it's ring im pretty happy

And after alot of night of failing to aim the Dumbell nebula, i finally did it! of course i didn't saw the colors, but i still saw it's faint glowing in my 20mm, then i put my 10mm Plossl, it was bigger, i saw the somewhat basic shape, it was circular and i saw it's unperfect circle! ( cuts on the left and right ) and i was so happy i finally succesfully aimed at night after weeks of trying, and also very happy because i saw a nebula!

Then i decided to try observing Mars again, last time i tried, i was using my 4mm with the Barlow x2 lens.. and of course the image was horrible, but now with my 10mm Ploss and the Barlow, i saw a white ball that was glowing red! i was so happy because the 10mm Plossl was allowing me to see things that i couldn't observe before with only my 20mm and my 4mm!

And i ended the observing session by looking at the Pléiades ( sorry i don't know the english name, it's a star cluster ) and it was very beautifull

Archived