NGC700 / LRGB / LHaRHagb / Ha / HOO / SHO

Really happy to have had some clear skies recently - unfortunately they've evaporated in time for the SGL star party.

Can't go to that as I have to work (and it may be a bit damp under foot LOL) so I spent some time working on the data I've captured on this object.

Here's the details and examples of the images I've processed.

Details

Object name

North America and Pelican Nebula

Object ID

NGC 7000

Date(s)

23, 26, 27, 28 September; 9 October, 2018

Telescope

Teleskop Service 65mm

Camera

ASI1600MM

Luminance

20 x 2 min = 40 min

Red

20 x 2 min = 40 min

Green

20 x 2 min = 40 min

Blue

20 x 2 min = 40 min

Ha

49 x 5 min = 245 min; 4.1 hr

Oiii

33 x 5 min = 165 min; 2.8 hr

Sii

36 x 5 min = 180 min; 3.0 hr

Total time

12.5 hrs

Combined time

LhaRHagb = 6.8 hrs / Ha = 4.1 hrs / HOO = 6.8 hrs / SHO = 9.8 hrs

Processing

PixInsight / Bias, Flats, Darks / Narrow Band combination - PixelMath / LhaRHagb combination – Pixel Math / LRGB Combination – LRGBCombination / Noise reduction – MultiScaleLinearTransform /  Star reduction – Morphological Transformation /

Notes

I’ve processed the data I captured over the 5 nights in a range of combinations.

Some work better than others simply because I had more data in a particluar wave length.

I need a considerably larger amount of Oiii and Sii data to make the Sii, Ha, Oiii (SHO) combination really work.

It’s interesting to compare LhaRHagb version with LRGB results. Although not as attractive in salmon pink as the more common deep red processing of this object, I felt it’s closer to what the data presented as I avoided pushing the saturation and red channel around too much in the LhaRHagb result.

I try to avoid getting too carried away in post processing with colourising the image so I’m pretty happy with these results as I didn’t have to worry too much about that – the larger amount of data I was able to capture really paid off in this regard.

LRGB

y4mVCfo1ot0TNUVRWSCnhRHI6q1wil8sRvNY_iy8

LHaRHagb

y4myHSkEI_n0j6sY9AsS3FJsGtddXaMpALJqbo5W

Ha

y4mfkAWgHOkJZ01b20wVYlft_T_1W1DqxtZ6KQGt

HOO

y4m2ychRPNoqwMk4aYf_--ew0pt1tjy4hF6c5Wph

SHO

y4m-s76IssNIJY-nNYrA6LLA1Vbn85PNXyhVKBC9

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Lovely bunch of images. I particularly like the SHO and LRGB versions.

Thanks ? ...and having visited your website I can now see how it's supposed to be done ?

David

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Very nice David.  For me I like the HOO one the best, but how about adding the RGB stars into that as well?

Carole 

Thanks Carole

Archived