Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flats using an EL Panel

bottletopburly

So my power supply came for the EL Panel to take Flat frames ,  all lights up but I noticed  there’s a small blemish in the central area of the panel will this matter  or should I return it change and also  the lines from the refresh rate not visible to the eye only camera ‘‘this picture was taken on my iPhone not via camera /telescope is this normal  .

48C3C736-A6A3-44E9-9647-28D89E225790.jpeg

6 hours ago, John78 said:

Put a couple of sheets of white paper in front of it and it'll be fine, mine came folded up from China but works ok.

Thanks @John78 what about the lines do they affect anything, I’ve been told you can alter the refresh rate but  nothing on my power pack to alter to allow this or does the white paper smooth that out 

I use mine with a sheet of white paper and  behind a semi opaque piece of acrylic. 

With a long enough exposure the refresh rate wont matter, but you may have to use extra paper to further darken your panel if you can't get long enough exposures without saturating, especially with Lum and Green filters.

Archived